Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A DAY IN A KAYAK

Join us for a day of kayaking in Deep Cove, North Vancouver


Deep Cove is located in North Vancouver, BC at the foot of Mount Seymour. Deep Cove faces due east, fronting on to Indian Arm, a branch of Burrard Inlet.



We rented two double kayaks from Deep Cove Canoe & Kayak and took our kids out for their first kayaking experience. The weather started out perfectly for a great day!


Once on the water, look who was first to greet us!



Oh, I just can not help it, I find beautiful homes wherever I go...I think we need to paddle just a little bit closer!


Wow, this is the life! The ocean is your backyard. I bet they kayak everyday! Lucky!


I don't think we should get out and swim here!!! In this one area along the shoreline, these jelly fish where everywhere. They looked absolutely amazing so close up. There must have been hundreds in this one area.






It has been quite a while since I have seen so many starfish in the wild.



No, we did not take this one home!



Another official greeter up the coast line. We were able to get quite close to this fella. If you look closely, you can see that he is winking at us!



What do you know, another lovely home for me of ogle!!



This one was tucked into a little cove. So beautiful! I am speechless!



Well, we are going to head back. A perfect day for family time, fitness, education and little bit of home ogling. This photo looks clear as a bell, but let me tell you, just around that bend, a mighty wind and white caps test our patience, strength and endurance. Just like life, sometimes it takes three strokes forward and two back but eventually you arrive at your destination!


1 comment:

  1. Uh... I live close to all this magnificent beauty and sea life?!? I need to get out more. :)

    Lovely photos1 And yeah, nice houses. VERY.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete