Wednesday, April 13, 2011

AND THE FLOOR MARCHES ON, PLUS MORE!

Picking a stain colour is not easy! Just look at all those samples. The funny thing about stain is that the colour on the pretty brochure, the colour in the can and the colour on your choice of wood are not all together the same colour! I travelled near and far, made friends and enemies along the way and I had thought that I had found the PERFECT colour, so here we go.
Oh look, some more "floor art", thanks Elinor! You can also see one of the wall colours in this photo. We kept if light and neutral ~ Benjamin Moore Natural Linen and Oxford White.
If you look closely you can see the back corner is rather dark...well that is what I thought would be the perfect colour! After a few moments of shock and a trip to Home Depot, we moved full steam ahead with a stain colour called "Mission Oak". I think it was about at this stage that my right arm gave out and I have had to call in the professionals to finish up and that is a hard thing to do when you are a "hands on" kind of girl. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. After I realized that the floor was out of the picture for me, I took advantage the sunny day to prepare these two tables for the new location. I purchased these great long tables from a local nursery that was closing and with a bit of TLC & TSP, they will make for a super display space. As you can see, you can never be outdoors without throwing the ball for Sarge!
I also cleaned up this set of doors that I found at an Antique store. Chippy paint, original hardware, great colour...I am a happy camper! They will look so great together in the new shop.
There is so much to do before the opening, even my daughter helped out...now here is a rare picture! I have to say, she did an amazing job on this table top. Once she finished sanding, she stained it a dark walnut and you are going to love, love it!
Here is a sneak peak at some items we will be bringing in for our garden area.
I want to keep it all!
Bet you can't wait!
I leave you with a "trellis teaser"! So much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment