Thursday, January 10, 2013

A FAMILY IN NEED BRINGS A COMMUNITY TOGETHER

One of my biggest fears is fire...a fire that would take away my home and all the things that I treasure.  On November 11, 2012 a fire made a small Abbotsford home inhabitable for an elderly couple and with no insurance, the community came together in a BIG way.  You can read the story http://www.theprovince.com/life/Generous+Abbotsford+volunteers+give+burned+Connor+family+spectacular+Christmas+gift+rebuilt+home/7735307/story.html
Thanks to this lady (my partner in crime from the Million Dollar Neighbourhood) I was honoured to be one of the many volunteers organized by the Abbotsford Police and Fire Departments to rebuild this home.  As part of the decor team, I was one of a small group of people who designed,  picked colours, shopped, collected donations and did our very best to create a beautiful home for the Connor family.

On reveal day, many people toured the home before the family arrived but I just thought you may want to see some inside scoop photos!  The whole house was rebuilt inside, furniture and decor was donated and just look at the amazingly beautiful built-in unit that was created for this family! 
This is a view from the living room into the kitchen.  Even the coffee table was created using an old window from the original home...Love it!
 
This is the master bedroom
And this is the second bedroom.(sideways!!) The house is small but very cozy and filled with memories and love.  The love from the many generations that have lived on this property and the love of the community who rebuilt it!
 
Welcome home Connor family!
 
 

17 comments:

  1. i really that bedroom it seems that, that was more beautiful than mine although there's a big difference because im using those
    Multiple Rattan Conservatory Furniture
    for my bedroom but i love your bedroom than mine

    ReplyDelete

  2. Great post i really appreciate this post it seems that there's a lot of interesting on this site.
    my home is almost the same of the pictures above. i think the difference is just i've put
    cheap yankee candles on different part of my living room
    i bought it online which in
    yankee candle uk site.
    it's nice if there's more decoration in our home or in house. well anyway i will bookmark this page for more new
    interesting home updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely home :) i really like the home pictures above i appreciate your post




    ironmongery_
    Interior door handles

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're looking to lose pounds then you absolutely have to start following this brand new tailor-made keto plan.

    To create this service, licenced nutritionists, fitness couches, and cooks joined together to produce keto meal plans that are efficient, painless, cost-efficient, and fun.

    Since their launch in January 2019, thousands of clients have already completely transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a good keto plan can give.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-tested ones given by the keto plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Houston Home Security Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is very inspirational and got many tips for my new home renovation from your blog. thanks for providing awesome info.
    Shop Now
    Fire Pit

    ReplyDelete
  7. https://crackrepack.com/eset-nod32-antivirus-license-key/
    I hope you write more relevant article on the same topic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your post style as it's unique from the others I'm seeing on the page
    ProShow Producer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your article. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this article. I hope you will write more like this in the future.

    CYBERLINK POWERDIRECTOR

    ReplyDelete

  11. It's a great article. In the future, I hope you will write more like this.

    ProShow Producer

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great article. In the future, I hope you will write more like this.
    DC-Unlocker

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great article. In the future, I hope you will write more like this.

    red-giant-vfx-suite

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed reading this article. I hope you will write more like this in the future. https://crackstores.com/loaris-trojan-remover-crack/

    ReplyDelete

  15. Your post is super useful and admirable, thanks for sharing such excellent content. I like it.WonderShare DVD Creator

    ReplyDelete

  16. Thanks for sharing such a great article and it's helpful for everyone. Great Post!.

    lighting supplier China

    ReplyDelete